Saturday, August 27, 2011

FLY ME TO THE MOON


When I first opened the 2011-2012 Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog, my eyes spied the Up, Up and Away stamp set right away.  The big, beautiful hot air balloons caught my attention.  Once, while traveling through the mountains of West Virginia, we were awestruck to see an array of gorgeous hot air balloons floating through the sky.  I can't recall the exact number of balloons, but I'm betting there were over two dozen.  The beautiful, vibrant colors made for an amazing sight. 

I have seen many beautiful cards using this stamp set with patterned paper for hills and the cupcake punch for clouds and I wanted to get in on the action.  Whoever came up with the idea of using the cupcake punch for clouds is one brilliant cookie!

Well, I'm going to sign off for today.  I'll be back next week with another project.  Next week is shaping up to be a very busy one.  My husband will be in Chicago on business.  I will be taking my father to several doctors' appointments.  I have an appointment with my dentist for a partial crown.  (I broke the back of my tooth off in May.  Lesson learned - quit clinching my teeth.)  And last but not least, my son is playing in his first high school golf match!  (Go, Connor!)  I'm really excited for him.  Thanks for peeking in on me!

If you live on the east coast, please be safe.  I've been following Irene's path on the local news channel.  It looks like she's rearing her nasty head. 


Recipe:  Stamps - Up, Up and Away, Trendy Trees (Sentiment); Paper - In Colors 2011-2013 DSP Patterns Stack, Poppy Parade, Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White; Ink:  Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Basic Brown; Accessories:  Border Punch
(non-SU!), Cupcake Punch, Crimper, Cutter Kit, Jewelry Tag Punch, Bakers Twine, Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Poppy Parade 1/2" Poly Stitched Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. So adorable. This was one of the first sets I bought too. Your colors are so vibrant and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing card. I have not seen people use that punch for clouds...genius! I love all of the colors because I'm SO ready for Fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!