Thursday, August 18, 2011

UPDATE ON MY DAD

It's been a while since my last post so I thought I'd give you an update.  We have learned that my father's cancer is contained to the esophagus and has not spread.  (Praise God!)  Dad has been continuing to slowly lose more weight so his surgeon took him off the liquid/soft diet restrictions.  Now Dad is eating just about everything but bread.  Unfortunately, the tumor is located at the base of the esophagus which makes some food difficult to pass through to the stomach.


Monday we will see Dad's oncologist.  I'm hoping we will learn a little more about his cancer and also find out what the chemo/radiation schedule will be.  I have done a little research on esophageal cancer and I can tell you I'm very scared for my father.  Please, please keep him in your prayers.


On a lighter note, I have been creating projects.  I've been so nervous and the time in my scrap nook has helped ease my nervousness some.  My husband, my blog photographer, has been taking pictures of my projects for me.  I'm hoping to get some of them posted very soon.


Thanks for peeking in on me today!

1 comment:

  1. I pray you have good news. I have a SIL battling cancer too. Stay positive...it's half the battle.
    I am visiting for the post on I-Stamp :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!